Thursday, October 25, 2012

DEATH ON TELEGRAPH HILL is in bookstores!!

Hi Everyone,

I've been down with a nasty bug so I'm a bit late with this, but as they say better late than never.

Book #5 in my Sarah Woolson Historical Mystery Series, DEATH ON TELEGRAPH HILL, was released last week and is garnering great reviews, including a Publisher's Weekly starred review!

This means even more to me than usual, because I wrote this book while caring for our eldest daughter Karen, who was in the final stages of her long, valiant 10-year fight against breast cancer. The miracle is how I managed to write the book at all under the circumstances, but Karen kept encouraging me and that's what kept me going. I'm sad to say that our beautiful daughter slipped away from us just days before Christmas last December, but as I said in TELEGRAPH HILL's dedication: She will be with us forever in our hearts. I'm so grateful that she's finally at peace and free of the pain she uncomplainingly suffered for so long.

Okay, sad news aside, I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for your great outpouring of congratulations for the new book! I also want to wish everyone who joined my TELEGRAPH HILL GIVEAWAY the best of luck. The contest (a $25 Amazon gift card given out every week until the end of November, followed by a $100 Amazon gift card grand prize) has proven to be very popular. The first $25 certificate went out to Victoria Zumbrum of Glen Rock, PA, last Sunday. The second gift card will be awarded this coming Sunday. Just visit the Contest Page on my website to sign up for the giveaway. You need enter only once to win any of the prizes!

For those of you who've been asking me about the next book in the Sarah Woolson series, I'm happy to report that #6, tentatively titled: A KILLING IN CHINATOWN, is in the works. For all of you Li Ying lovers, yes he'll be back in this exciting whodunit, loaded with lots of fun twists and turns.

Last but not least, I want to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!! You guys are the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home